The only path to wisdom is by faith in the blood of the Lamb, who loved us.
Scripture: Proverbs 7; 8:35-36
- The mortal danger of folly is a major theme in proverbs.
- Folly is the antithesis of Wisdom; we must avoid folly if we are to be wise.
- Wisdom is both practical and holistic; it is for all God’s people and it applies to the specific details of our lives.
- Wisdom is not academic achievement. Intelligent people are often lacking in wisdom.
- We’re to seek wisdom from God in prayer (James 1:5 cf. Solomon’s prayer in 1 Kings 3:9-12)
- God’s gift of wisdom comes to us by God’s word.
- Proverbs is not only for our learning, but it is for right living.
- We’re to understand and live by the moral order God has established in the universe and written in His law.
- It’s the fear of the Lord which is the root of wisdom (Proverbs 1:7). We’re to fear the Lord, and thus we will be free from all other fears.
- Christian faith is a necessary condition for wisdom.
- If we begin by looking at nature, knowledge of God is declared to us, but in nature alone we cannot find wisdom.
- Objections to the faith are rooted in the moral consequences of embracing Christ’s Lordship.
- The real problem is the heart; people need a heart transplant to embrace the moral order and reign of God.
- God’s wisdom is foolishness to the world (1 Cor. 1:26-31).
- The only path to wisdom is by faith in the blood of the Lamb, who redeemed us (Eph. 5:25-27).
- Rejection of God’s moral authority leads to sexual misconduct and perversion. Romans 1
- Marital fidelity is critical: the immoral are said to be wedded to death (Proverbs 7:22-23; 8:36; 9:13-18).
- You either feed on Christ or you’ll be food for death.
- Gehenna, the place of death, is where body and soul are destroyed (Matthew 10:28; Mark 9:43).
- Rejecting God, man ritualizes child sacrifice (cf. Jeremiah 32:33-35). Our society worships death because choice is our god. We live in a culture that worships choice.
- The worship of choice is to worship nothing, which is to worship death.
- We are all implicated in the act of abortion because of we pay tax to fund the worship of choice.
- Few Christians recognize their calling to declare God’s law and protections for the unborn.
- Today we are the god that is propitiated by child sacrifice.
- To be wise, we put our faith in Christ, and act to stop the horrible practice of abortion.
- Who are the warnings of Proverbs 7 directed to?
- How can we recognize seductive temptation?
- What is the only source and foundation of wisdom?
- What moral objection to the Christian faith?
- Contrast abortion and Moloch worship.
- How can we oppose abortion?